scott's world cup blog


They're coming to take me away haha hoho hehe

I'm starting to go a bit nuts. I spent the day yesterday hacking and coughing (Bavarian Death Tuberculosis, brought on by the omnipresent cloud of second-hand smoke over all of Europe). I did manage to book a flight back to Berlin and a cheap (read: scary as hell) hostel. I felt too lousy to go out and make use of my half-day, so I holed up in the Hotel Absalon and read a book. I got up early this morning and tried again on standby, but again didn't come close as nobody of my standy priority was allowed on board. Now I've formed a bit of a travelling club with two fellow standby strandees. They're joining me on the flight to Berlin, and going to crash in the airport tonight and try the Delta flight to JFK tomorrow. I may try the same flight, or I may just be a tourist again for the weekend and take my original flight on Monday.

Yes, the travails of the last two days seem overwhelming. They would assuredly have broken an ordinary man. But I, Scott Andrew Lange, World Traveller, Internationalist, Sam's Armyist, RHS '94, Georgia F'n Tech '98, Regional MathCounts Champion 1989, Leading FG% Man on the Winter '05 BusDrivers Basketball Team, Favorite Grandchild of TWO Grandmothers, and one of the top 50,000 finishers in the 1997 Peachtree Road Race, will not only survive this ordeal, but rise above and in the end conquer it like Mark Grace breaking Mariano Rivera's little heart in the bottom of the ninth in game seven. I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

And now, away! To Berlin! To Dusseldorf! To New York City! And Beyond! EXCELSIOR!