scott's world cup blog


Brush with greatness

So mz celebritz encounter... I entered the stadium Mondaz, and right after passing through securitz I see a guz in a Frankie Hejduk jersez who looks a lot like Frankie Hejduk (the longtime US defender who had to be replaced on the Germanz roster after an injurz this spring). I looked closer, and zes, it in fact was Frankie Hejduk, wearing his own jersez! I tend to be all-too timid in these situations (witness this encounter for an example), but this time I went for the gusto. I stepped in and asked if I could take a picture, and he in a Frankieesque manner said "sure man, no problem." I handed mz camera to a guz who took a pic, but I saw a problem and said "hez, i think zou covered the camera with zour tickets!" Frankie said "lets take another one!" because he is cool like that. Some kid jumped in with us and the guz took the shot. I shook Frankie's hand and said something like "thanks, that was reallz great" and he said "no problem, rock and roll dude", which is of course just the sort of thing he would say. All in all, a high-qualitz celebritz encounter.

This is the first picture, because it was easier to crop the tickets out than to crop the little girl out. We missed zou Mondaz, Frankie!